We began recording statistics on 26 August 2005, since then 7,851 unique visitors (21/day) recorded 18,500 page loads. Since early 2006, we've seen a large increase in daily use, averaging some 70 visitors per day (a high of 581 on 17 July!).
In terms of geographic origin, 'top' countries are the USA (23%), Netherlands (6%), New Caledonia (5.6%), the UK (5%), Australia (4.7%), the Philippines (4%), India (3.8%), Canada (3.1%), and Kenya (3%). You can view a 'map' of the visitors.
The most popular individual stories have been:
- IAALD Africa launched in Nairobi
- Workshop: Ontology-based knowledge discovery
- World Congress on Communication for Development
- Defining 'e-agriculture'
- Conference: Managing Agricultural Information for Sustainable Food Security and Improved Livelihoods in Africa
- Time to reform agricultural extension
- Accessing, sharing and disseminating fisheries information
- Knowledge Sharing at IICA
- ICT and information impact assessment stories
- Delivering extension services to farmers in developing countries
- Conference: Delivering Information for the New Life Sciences
- Conference: World Congress on Computers in Agriculture
- ICTs and agricultural extension